of the season with a suspension issued by the

in Regeln 14.07.2018 04:41
von langouba | 755 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS - Martin Brodeur may one day return to the New Jersey Devils, where he won three Stanley Cups and cemented his place as the goaltender with more wins than any other in NHL history.Up first, though, is some serious time with the St. Louis Blues.The 42-year-old Brodeur formally announced his retirement Thursday to take a front-office position with St. Louis, where he wrapped up his career after 21 outstanding years with the Devils. He said he is leaving the game with a smile on his face and excited about his next opportunity.Im leaving the game really, really happy, Brodeur said.Brodeur joined the Blues as a free agent in early December after No. 1 goaltender Brian Elliott was sidelined by a knee injury. He went 3-3 with a 2.87 goals-against average and .899 save percentage. He extended his NHL record for shutouts to 125 with a 3-0 win against Colorado on Dec. 29, his final NHL victory.When Elliott returned, Brodeur became the odd man out among the teams three goalies, including Jake Allen. He took a leave of absence to contemplate his future and word came Tuesday that he was done.If Ells (Elliott) didnt get hurt, I was never going to be here, Brodeur said. For me it was a great opportunity.Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said the team was excited to have Brodeur join the team as a senior adviser.Hes going to travel with the team on a daily basis, hes going to interact with our players and our coaches, Armstrong said. Our goals are very simple in St. Louis with this team, its to prepare and be competitive to win a Stanley Cup and to ultimately win a Stanley Cup. When I look up here and you see the number of Stanley Cups up here on this stage, all these people we can tap into as we learn and we move forward.Over 22 seasons, Brodeur piled up a 691-397-176 record, 2.24 GAA and .912 save percentage in 1,266 career regular-season games. The native of Montreal holds the league records for wins, shutouts, games played and minutes played. He also had 113 career postseason victories to go along with those three Cups and four Vezina Trophies as the NHLs top goaltender.Asked what he was most proud of, Brodeur cited the wins — and his health.If you play hockey, you might as well win, he said. The most important record is the wins record that I have. My durability is just something I took a lot of pride in, that I was able to play 70 games over and over and over and they add up to 1,200-and-something games, plus the playoff games, plus whatever. Its hard to do.Brodeur said he planned to learn as much as he can as a front-office employee with the possibility of one day running a team.He also said the possibility exists that he will return to New Jersey in a front-office role at some point in the future. He said he has talked with Lou Lamoriello, the Devils president/general manager, about returning to New Jersey.We talked and he knows that eventually were going to cross paths again, if its next year, in two years, in three years, I cant answer, Brodeur said. Im doing this now as a St. Louis Blue and I want to learn as much as I can and well see where thats going to bring me. I might not like this. I might just go and say playing golf every day looks a lot better than doing this. Ill make a decision on my future whenever it comes around. Right now Im just going to go all in on this. Not that I needed the blessing of Lou, but he understands it.Brodeur made it clear how important his years with the Devils mean to him.For me, my hockey career is all about the Devils, Brodeur said. Nobodys going to associate me with the Blues as a hockey player and a retirement arrangement will be made for New Jersey in the future. It could be this year. It could be next year. I dont know whats Lous plan. Im so appreciative with all the fans, what the organization did for me. DAngelo Russell Youth Jersey .Y. - Terry and Kim Pegula have no immediate plans to tinker with their new NFL team. Timofey Mozgov Swingman Jersey . Funny, they looked like longtime friends during Pittsburghs 5-1 demolition of Dallas on Tuesday night. Quick to the puck and even quicker to the net, the Penguins top line overwhelmed the suddenly struggling Stars as Pittsburgh bounced back from a dismal weekend sweep at the hands of Philadelphia by jumping on Dallas early. http://www.nbanetsproshop.com/womens-dan...l-jersey/.Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have been neck and neck all season, with 17 points separating the rivals and double points on offer for the race.Tensions between them have spilled over during the campaign and the pairs fragile relationship was evident during Thursdays pre-race news conference, when Rosberg goaded Hamilton by advising him to race cleanly. DAngelo Russell Womens Jersey . -- Pinch-runner Rajai Daviss decision to steal third base just as Oakland catcher Derek Norris was throwing the ball back to the pitcher caught most everyone by surprise -- including several of his Detroit teammates. DAngelo Russell Black Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign.South Bend, IN (SportsNetwork.com) - Jerian Grant scored 23 points and handed out eight assists to help No. 12 Notre Dame shake off a slow start and top Miami, 75-70, on Saturday. The Fighting Irish (17-2, 5-1 ACC) trailed by as many as 12 in the second half but had enough time to recover and shoot their way out of their hole. V.J. Beachem added 13 points on 3-of-7 shooting from 3-point range and Pat Connaughton contributed 10 points and 11 rebounds. The Hurricanes (12-5, 2-2) were led by Sheldon McClellans 17 points and JaQuan Newton chipped in 16. Tonye Jekiri scored eight with a game-high 13 rebounds, but star Angel Rodriguez had just four points on 1-of-10 shooting. Notre Dame came into the game leading the nation in field-goal percentage at 53.0, but made only two of its first 16 attempts from long distance. After Miami got back-to-back 3s from Davon Reed and McClellan to go up 43-31, the Irish broke out of their slump. Demetrius Jackson connected from beyond the arc on Notre Dames next possession, and the Irish got triples on their next three trips down the floor to cut Miamis lead to five points. They shot 7-of-15 from 3-point range in the second half. The Irish soon went on a 7-0 run that tied the game for the first time since it was 5-5 early in the first half. Connaughton missed the 3, but Jackson crashed the boards and hit the follow-up basket to even the score at 50. On their next possession, Grant passed to Steve Vasturia from the flooor and Vasturias running layup gave Notre Dame its first lead of the game.dddddddddddd After some back-and-forth play, the Irish took the lead for good on Grants triple with less than 6 1/2 minutes to go. James Palmer responded with a jumper to cut Notre Dames lead to one, but the Hurricanes would only hit three more shots from the floor the rest of the game, including McClellans dunk as time expired. Miami never trailed in an uncharacteristic first half for Notre Dame. Averaging the fourth-fewest turnovers per game in the country with 9.2, the Irish committed two in the first minute and five in the first 7 1/2 minutes. They shot just 40.7 percent from the field in the first half. The Hurricanes still only led by one at the break. After Palmers 3 with 7 1/2 minutes to play in the half put Miami up eight, Notre Dame scored on four straight possessions and would go into the break trailing 30-29. Game Notes Notre Dame now leads the all-time series, 9-8 ... Notre Dames Zach Auguste returned after a one-game absence due to a reported academic issue and scored four points in nine minutes ... Miamis Ivan Cruz Uceda scored two points in his Hurricanes debut after sitting out the first half of the season with a suspension issued by the NCAA ... The Hurricanes fell to 10-1 when leading at halftime ... Notre Dame inducted Tom Hawkins, the schools all-time leading rebounder, into its Ring of Honor. NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Archiv

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panxing18
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 6040 Themen und 6807 Beiträge.