. Erie at Belleville will be made up Jan. 27

in Handel 27.11.2017 03:36
von jokergreen0220 | 280 Beiträge

TORONTO -- The Oakland Athletics could be a American League playoff team not because theyre a great hitting club but because theyre opportunistic. Adam Jones Jersey . Toronto Blue Jays manager John Gibbons knows that "they make you pay if you dont throw strikes." In beating the As 5-4 Saturday afternoon at Rogers Centre, the Blue Jays did some of that themselves. Opportune offence gave them an early lead, then Jose Reyes solo homer in the seventh was enough insurance to help them snap a two-game skid. The Blue Jays got only five hits, and three of them were from Jose Bautista, but they manufactured runs thanks to some walks and other Oakland mistakes. "I think youve just got to take advantage of it," Gibbons said. "Any time you can get those freebies, that puts extra pressure on a pitcher, you get guys on, he throws more pitches. All those little things add up over time." They added up to three early runs against As pitcher Sonny Gray, who was making his first career major-league start. Bautistas 27th home run of the season in the first inning was a two-run shot because of Maicer Izturis walk, and Reyes fielders choice scored Brett Lawrie in the second after the third baseman got on thanks to a strikeout and passed ball. "Thats why you always preach on the other side, Dont walk batters," Gibbons said. "It puts you in a jam, and it also puts you in a bad frame of mind." Even if he wasnt perfect, Gray didnt implode, surrendering only three earned runs in six innings. But with another small-ball run in the third, the Blue Jays gave starter Mark Buehrle a cushion to work with. Buehrle was efficient, if not spectacular, giving up three earned runs on seven hits and striking out five in 5 1/3 innings including a home run to As right-fielder Josh Reddick. The big lefty improved to 8-7 this season, as Gibbons called the performance "typical Buehrle." "I kind of feel like I stole the win today. It was one of those ones that you dont feel like you deserve," he said. "I feel like Im not doing my job if I dont go at least six innings." Buehrle got the hook in the sixth after allowing his third run and putting a runner on third. All-star lefty reliever Brett Cecil got Toronto hit a batter before recording two big outs to leave the game unscathed. As Gibbons kept spinning the bullpen wheel, it kept working out for the Blue Jays. Aaron Loup for two outs, Sergio Santos for one and Darren Oliver for three got Toronto to reliable closer Casey Janssen. "They all fell in line, did their jobs," Gibbons said. "Great effort by the bullpen." Reyes line-drive home run gave that bullpen some breathing room, and Janssen needed the insurance run. Reddick led off the ninth with a homer, and the next two As batters reached. "It got hairy there, no question," Gibbons said. With catcher Derek Norris back bothering him, backup Stephen Vogt pinch-hit with two on and no outs and couldnt get his bunt attempt in the right spot. Janssen fielded it and threw to third to force out the lead runner, easily the biggest defensive play of the game. "I dont think that was a gamble," Janssen said. "I think I field my position well. The bunt wasnt good enough where my clock in my head said I had a chance." A flyout and a strikeout got a relieved Janssen his 21st save of the season. "I had to grind, it wasnt pretty, I didnt draw it up getting a lead-off homer and then the first two guys on," he said. "I think this was one of the more satisfying closes Ive had this year." Kevin Gausman Jersey . -- The Vancouver Whitecaps remained unbeaten with a scoreless draw at the New England Revolution on Saturday. Joey Rickard Jersey .com) - No Sidney Crosby, no problem. http://www.oriolesapparelsshop.com/customized-c-4/ . Bale has had a successful debut season in Spain, and Ancelotti appears ready to reward him with a starting role on Saturday. Ancelotti says "Gareth had some problems at the beginning (of the season) but when he found good physical condition he scored a lot of goals, he had a good impact on the team.LONDON, Ont. - Jake Patterson stopped 39 shots, including all 17 that came his way in the third period, and the London Knights toppled the visiting Kitchener Rangers 6-1 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League play. Matt Rupert scored once and set up two more for the Knights (31-11-5) while Nikta Zadorov and Bo Horvat had a goal and an assist each. Brett Welychka, Ryan Rupert and Josh Anderson added single goals for London and Dakota Mermis, Gemel Smith and Michael McCarron tacked on two assists apiece. Matia Marcantuoni scored the lone goal for the Rangers (16-29-2) as Matthew Greenfield turned away 41-of-47 shots in a losing cause. --- 67s 3 ICE DOGS 2 ST. CATHARINES, Ont. -- Brendan Bell set up the tying goal and then scored the winner at 18:28 of the third period as Ottawa came from behind to down Niagara. Dante Salituro and Erik Bradford also scored for the 67s (16-27-4), who halted a three-game skid. Hayden McCool and Aaron Haydon scored for the Ice Dogs (17-25-6), who led 2-1 aftter 40 minutes of action. Michael Bourn Jersey. . Ottawas Philippe Trudeau stopped 40 shots for the win while Niagaras Blake Richard made 31 saves in defeat. --- STING 6 WHALERS 2 PLYMOUTH, Mich. -- Jimmy McDowell and Vladislav Kodola each had a goal and two assists as Sarnia snapped a four-game slide by defeating the Whalers. Davis Brown and Jeff King had a goal and an assist apiece for the Sting (15-27-5) while Nickolas Latta and Nikita Korostelev scored the others. Carter Sandlak and Gianluca Curcuruto supplied the offence for Plymouth (17-25-5). Sarnias Taylor Dupuis made 29 saves for the win. Alex Nedeljkovic started in net for the Whalers, but was pulled after allowing four goals on 31 shots. Zack Bowman stopped 7-of-8 shots in 16 minutes of relief. --- Three games were postponed because of weather conditions and have been re-scheduled. Erie at Belleville will be made up Jan. 27, Guelph at Owen Sound is reset for Jan. 29 and North Bay at Barrie is scheduled for Feb. 25. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: kimevents
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 327 Themen und 1075 Beiträge.