Simunic is also barr

in Handel 08.12.2017 09:14
von jokergreen0220 | 560 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS - The Carolina Panthers came out of their bye, still carrying a legitimate chance of repeating as NFC South champions despite persistent problems on offence and defence. Ryan Johansen Jersey .Better put special teams on that list, too, thanks to the Minnesota Vikings.Adam Thielen and Everson Griffen each returned blocked punts for touchdowns, the first time in 24 years one team had two in the same NFL game, and the Vikings handed the Panthers their sixth straight loss with a 31-13 victory on Sunday.Its really disappointing. Its frustrating. Every adjective you can come up with, its that, Panthers tight end Greg Olsen said. Right now were not very good.The Panthers (3-8-1) entered the stadium just a half-game out of first place, but they again stumbled out of their annual in-season week off. They fell to 0-4 after the bye under coach Ron Rivera, and they havent won since Oct. 5 against Chicago.Just as damaging were wins by division co-leaders Atlanta and New Orleans on Sunday, bringing both teams to 5-7, but as Olsen tersely put it after the game, the playoff talk is essentially irrelevant with the way the contenders-in-name-only Panthers have been playing after going 12-4 last year.I told the guys weve got four games left to go. Were going to play all four games, expect to win all four games, and keep going from there, Rivera said.The Vikings (5-7) are well behind in the NFC North, but they had plenty to smile about on this frigid afternoon. Griffen had two of the four sacks of Cam Newton, and Teddy Bridgewater threw for scores to Kyle Rudolph and Greg Jennings without a turnover.The rookie led the Vikings on just their third opening-drive touchdown of the season and their first since his debut on Sept. 28 and guided an 11-play, 80-yard drive to push the lead to 28-6 with 16 seconds left before halftime.I think Im better at just making quicker decisions, said Bridgewater, who went 15 for 21 for 138 yards.Newton, on the other side, turned in another unremarkable performance. He was intercepted for the eighth straight game and finished 18 for 35 for 194 yards and one touchdown, plus 49 yards on nine rushes.I have to come in each and every day with a clear mind to try to get better, because I have yet to play a great game in my opinion, Newton said.Here are some key points to know about the game:BRRRR!This was the seventh-coldest game in Vikings history, with a kickoff temperature of 12 degrees and a wind chill well below zero. They are playing outside this year for the first time since 1981. This was only the second under-25-degrees game the Panthers had played since the franchise began in 1995. They played in the NFC championship game after the 1996 season at Green Bay with a kickoff temperature of 3 degrees.BLOCK PARTYGriffen picked up the ball after Jasper Brinkleys block in the second quarter and ran 43 yards for the touchdown, but he was more impressed by Thielens all-in-one play in the first quarter. He burst through the middle unblocked and was so deep in the backfield he had to be careful to avoid a penalty for running into punter Brad Nortman.I got so far in on him that I had to move my hands down. It probably wouldve hit me in the face, but I blocked it with my hands, Thielen said.His dive landed him on the ball, and he leaped to his feet to pick it up and race 30 yards into the end zone.Thats unbelievable. He blocked the kick, he picked up the kick and he scored, so he got like 10 points on one play, Griffen said, using a generous scoring formula. Thats awesome for him.The last time a team scored on two blocked punts in an NFL game was on Sept. 30, 1990, when Kansas City did it against Cleveland. This was also the first blocked punt return touchdown by the Vikings since Oct. 12, 1986, against San Francisco, the longest active NFL streak without one.BREAKING UPXavier Rhodes had three passes defended for the Vikings and helped limit Panthers star rookie Kelvin Benjamin to five receptions for 56 yards. Newton targeted Benjamin 12 times.TRAINING ROOMThe Panthers reported injuries to free safety Tre Boston (ankle) and running back DeAngelo Williams (hand), but Rivera said he didnt know the severity of either. Vikings defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd had a sack in the first quarter before aggravating a knee injury that kept him out the week before. Linebacker Anthony Barr also hurt his knee that has given him some discomfort this season. Coach Mike Zimmer said neither of them were serious.PATTERSON LIMITEDCordarrelle Patterson had his usual spot as kickoff returner for the Vikings, but he was barely used as a wide receiver. Zimmer said the absence from the offence was not disciplinary but rather because of knee trouble that kept Patterson out of practice on Wednesday and Thursday.Feel like Im 100 per cent. I feel like the coaches didnt feel I was 100 per cent, so they decided to hold me out. I respect them for that, Patterson said.___AP NFL websites: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Scott Hartnell Jersey . Bale has had a successful debut season in Spain, and Ancelotti appears ready to reward him with a starting role on Saturday. Ancelotti says "Gareth had some problems at the beginning (of the season) but when he found good physical condition he scored a lot of goals, he had a good impact on the team. Juuse Saros Jersey . Im very excited about the playoffs, particularly in the Western Conference with amazing match-ups, as well as the wonderful local story in the Toronto Raptors. It should be a blast. Here are my predictions, but based upon my lousy prognostications during the NCAA Tournament, you might be better off going the other way on some of mine - particularly with the Raptors, who I hope and pray are able to win an incredibly difficult match-up. http://www.nhlpredatorshockeystore.com/alexei-emelin-jersey/ .The Canadiens will visit the Boston Bruins at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass., on New Years Day 2016, taking hockeys oldest rivalry outside.It was special in 2010 just to be there with the history behind Fenway Park and all that, Bruins centre Patrice Bergeron said.ZAGREB, Croatia -- Croatia defender Josip Simunic lost his appeal at sports highest court on Monday, ruling him out of the World Cup for leading fans in a pro-Nazi chant after a playoff win. Announcing the ruling to uphold the 10-match ban, the Court of Arbitration for Sport said it unanimously rejected Simunics arguments and dismissed his appeal against the FIFA sanction. Simunics ban will start when Croatia opens the World Cup against host Brazil in Sao Paulo on June 12. Simunics lawyer, Davor Prtenjaca, slammed the ruling. "This was not the victory of justice, but the power of a big football association. FIFA had its ban based on political, not legal aspects," Prtenjaca said. Simunic invoked a World War II-era slogan used by Croatias then-puppet regime following a playoff victory against Iceland in Zagreb last November that qualified the Croatians for the tournament. After the match, Simunic took a microphone on the field and shouted to supporters: "To the battle, to the battle for the homeland!" The fans responded: "We are ready!" The slogan was used by Croatias Ustasha regime, which sent tens of thousands Jews, Serbs and Gypsies to death camps. "The expression used by Simunic was a clear and unequivocal reference to the call used by the (Ustasas)," CAS said. Ryan Ellis Jersey. FIFAs disciplinary panel has said Simunics action was discriminatory and offensive. The sanction reflected its commitment to harsher sanctions for racism and discrimination at matches. "FIFA considers that CAS gives a clear and strong support to FIFAs efforts in stamping out racism in football," footballs governing body said in a statement. Simunic, who plays for Dinamo Zagreb, apologized after previously defending his action. After the initial reaction, he said: "Some people have to learn some history. Im not afraid. I did nothing wrong." The 36-year-old Australian-born Simunic, who has played 105 times for Croatia, was a probable selection for his third World Cup. At the 2006 tournament, he was sent off against Australia after being shown three yellow cards by the referee. His current ban is likely to mean the end of his international playing career. Simunic is also barred from stadiums where Croatia will play its next 10 official games. He was fined 30,000 Swiss francs (then $33,800) last December by FIFA. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Archiv

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jinshuiqian0713
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1356 Themen und 2109 Beiträge.