Montreals Eugenie Bouchard is out of the Australian Open.

in Regeln 13.08.2018 04:09
von jinshuiqian0713 | 1.905 Beiträge

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Montreals Eugenie Bouchard is out of the Australian Open. Chris Mullin Jersey . Chinas Li Na defeated Bouchard 6-2, 6-4 on Thursday in the semifinal of the womens singles tournament. The 19-year-old Bouchard is the first Canadian woman to reach the final four of a Grand Slam tournament in 30 years. "Im proud of how Ive improved as a player throughout the tournament. But Im never satisfied with losing. Im always disappointed," said Bouchard, who received a fifth stuffed Aussie animal -- an Emu named Sheila -- from her Australian fans dubbed the Genie Army. "I always want to go further and do better. I wouldnt say I exceeded my expectations, but Im happy with how I did." Li, the No. 4-seed and the 2011 French Open champion, is the only major winner and the highest-ranked player still in contention after the fourth-round upsets of Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova. Defending champion Victoria Azarenkas lost in the quarter-final to Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland. No. 5 seed Radwanska was playing Dominika Cibulkova in the second semifinal later Thursday. Bouchard was determined to build off the success she experienced at the Australian Open. "Ive been working hard my whole life to do this, play at Grand Slams and do well," said Bouchard. "Its not an overnight thing. So Im just going to go back to the practice courts and keep working hard." Li, who lost last years final to Azarenka, was aggressive from the start against Bouchard, who started nervously and didnt win a point in her first three service games. Fittingly, Li finished off the match with a backhand crosscourt, one of 16 backhand winners in the match and her biggest weapon against Bouchard. "I think maybe she will be best player in the world. But today (Im) so lucky," said Li during a court-side interview after the match. Li jokingly apologized to the Genie Army after the match, undoubtedly increasing her own huge support base at Melbourne Park. "Sorry about that," she said. "If you guys be happy, I will go home." Bouchard said she changed her strategy to get out of her early slump. "I just wanted to get into the match a little bit more. I felt like she was really hitting her shots. I was just letting her do all these winners side to side, it wasnt really my game," said Bouchard. "I tried to get into the rallies more, try to step in a little bit more, and try to put more pressure on her because she was just putting a lot of pressure on me. "She didnt give me much breathing space, much room to do what I want to do on the court. I tried to put pressure, but she just played too good at moments." Stephen Curry Jersey .com) - It may just be the right place and the right opponent for the Detroit Red Wings to snap their longest losing streak of the season. Andre Iguodala Jersey . That was OK with him. He was just happy his team came away with two points. Letestu redirected Jack Johnsons shot from the point with 2:38 left, lifting the Blue Jackets past the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-2 on Monday night. http://www.nbawarriorsauthority.com/mitch-richmond-warriors-jersey-c-15/ . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs Friday at 8 p.m. ET on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre.With the contracts of both Dion Phaneuf and Phil Kessel set to expire after this season, Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis has his work cut out for him if he wants to re-sign what are the Leafs top earning players on a yearly basis. The Phaneuf negotiations may prove to be somewhat easier however, as the Leafs captain told TSN 1050 that unlike Kessel, he is willing to negotiate with the team during the season. “I have no issue negotiating during the year, I did my last deal during the year,” Phaneuf said in an interview with Bryan Hayes, Jamie McLennan and Jeff ONeill Friday afternoon on Leafs Lunch. "I love playing here and I want to be a part of this organization.” In the last year of a six-year, $39 million contract he signed with the Calgary Flames, the 28-year-olds stance is in contrast with the Leafs leading goal-scorer, Kessel who indicated the team may have only until the end of the month to get him to agree to a deal, saying he felt in-season negotiations would become a distraction. Coming off his second straight season finishing in the top-10 in league scoring, the 25-year-old Kessel will likely be seeking a significant increase on the $5.4 million cap hit he is currently costing the team, whereas Phaneuf may seek an amount more in line with his current $6.5 million number. Besides his contract status, Phaneuf touched on some of the other main storylines circulating around training camp, including the battle in net between James Reimer and Jonathan Bernier -- someone he got to know when the two played together at the world championships -- and the prospects of 19-year-old defenceman Morgan Rielly making the team. “Obviously theres going to be competition there between him and ‘Reims and thats good for everyone and its good for our team,” Phaneuf said. “Theres a competition at every position during training camp and thats no different. Nate Thurmond Jersey. ” Thus far, the Leafs captain believes both goalies are handling the situation well and is not concerned about whether the battle could eventually divide the two young netminders. “Controversy is going to come from the outside. Both of them have handled it well so far and their going to push each other for the betterment of our team.” As for Rielly, Phaneuf likes what he sees from the teams fifth overall pick in 2012. “Hes obviously a very skilled guy that skates very

nach oben springen

Archiv

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panxing18
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 6054 Themen und 6821 Beiträge.