England’s 2009 women’s cricket team have given Dame Kelly Holmes her favourite moments during 25 years of sports coverage on Sky

in Regeln 20.03.2018 07:38
von jokergreen0220 | 1.695 Beiträge

England’s 2009 women’s cricket team have given Dame Kelly Holmes her favourite moments during 25 years of sports coverage on Sky Sports. Dion Jordan Jersey . That England side retained the Womens Ashes against Australia and won both the ICC Womens World Cup and the inaugural ICC Womens World Twenty20.And double Olympic champion Holmes, who was a live guest on Tuesdays Sportswomen show on Sky Sports News HQ, hailed Englands success that year as amazing. She said: The year the England women won the Twenty20, the World cup and the Ashes in the cricket in 2009, I thought that was an amazing achievement really. Holmes won two gold medals at the 2004 Athens Olympics I think they should have been celebrated far more than they were.It was an amazing achievement. The men have never done that so for me that was a real hats-off moment. Heres a look back at some of the greatest moments in womens sport over the last 25 years. The gender pay gap in sport debate continues to rumble on after members of the US Womens soccer team filed a wage discrimination complaint against their national federation at the end of last month.That came a week after Raymond Moore was forced to step down as tournament director at Indian Wells after saying female tennis players should get down every night on their knees to thank their male counterparts. Alex Morgan (left) and Hope Solo are two of the players that have filed a complaint about pay inequality David Beckham told Sky Sports News HQ he supported Serena Williams stance on equal pay in tennis and Dame Kelly agrees, insisting the women are just as committed to their sport as the men.I think were now in an era where there should be equal pay, she said.Women are putting in as much time, effort and commitment. They are dedicated to their sport and they can only beat the people they are up against. David Beckham has told Sky Sports that women’s tennis players should have pay equality with men They absolutely should get the same pay. I cant really see the rationale for saying no.With tennis the argument is that its best of five sets for men and best of three for women. But if you asked the women if they would rather have best of five or have less pay, what do you think they are going to say?They are going to say best of five. Give them the chance. Also See: Womens cricket home Sportswomen Cricket fixtures/results Get Sky Sports C. J. Prosise Jersey . The Canadian Luge Association officially named seven athletes to the 2014 Olympic team Tuesday. Edney, will lead teenagers John Fennell and Mitchel Malyk into their first Games in mens singles. Tristan Walker and Justin Snith will represent Canada in doubles, while Gough, will be joined by Kimberley McRae in womens singles. Paul Richardson Jersey . Head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed on Sunday that his starting goalie has a head injury and the team will take it day by day. http://www.authenticseahawksstoreonline.com/Black-31-Kam-Chancellor-Womens-Jersey/ . Winning more at home probably should be on the list. The Flames look to avoid a fifth defeat in six home games by winning a sixth straight meeting with the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday night.Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. This week, they discuss the strategy of the CFLPA, the Oilers hiring of Bob Nicholson, the Alouettes firing of offensive coordinator Rick Worman and the U.S. Open. Gary Lawless, TSN Radio - My thumb is down to the ill-fated strategy of the CFLPA and the underwhelming results theyve achieved once again. Disorganized and delusional best describe the players union in this latest CFL labour impasse. Their first offer was inflammatory and unattainable. They followed up with a series of retreats and eventual surrender. The CFLPA has followed the lead of legal counsel Ed Molstad since 1974. Lacking best describes the results. The CFLPA needs to represent its constituency with a spirit of inclusion and a face of diversity. The union must look inward and evolve. Questions must be asked and answered and hard decisions executed. The CFLPA finds itself at the intersection of change and rot. Its time to pick a new route. Steve Simmons, Sun Media - My thumb is up to Edmonton Oilers owner Darryl Katz for going outside the family and hiring Bob Nicholson to oversee everything that is Oiler. This isnt necessarily a hockey move as much as it is a business move but in either area Nicholson is clearly equipped for the challenge. And this is a challenge both in the standings and from what Katz wants from the newly formed business called Oilers Entertainment Group. Sports is no longer about only wins and losses. Its so much about veneer. In Edmonton, there will be a new downtown arena, an area to grow around it, a footprint for the future. When Nicholson took over Hockey Canadaa, it was a small disorganized operation, lacking in business acumen. Delano Hill Jersey. He left it as a hockey corporation. The Oilers are fortunate to have him. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated - My thumb is down to the Alouettes for the firing of offensive coordinator Rick Worman. Three months after coach Tom Higgins hired Worman, he canned him - before Montreal had played an exhibition game. Higgins was right to act sooner rather than later, unlike 2013 when the era of occupationally-challenged head coach Dan Hawkins lasted five games. But the abrupt dismissal speaks to the dysfunction of the franchise, whose owner, Robert Wetenhall, hired Higgins without involving GM Jim Popp. The Alouettes used to stand for quality on the field and steadfastness off it. If the Worman saga is an indication, soon the only thing the Alouettes will stand for is O Canada. Dave Hodge, TSN - My thumb is up to the U.S. Open golf championship, with emphasis on "open". To win the Masters, you have to be invited. To win the Open, you have to qualify, and everyone is eligible to try, which means anyone from anywhere can win. And that creates interest because "anyone" can be someone like 49-year-old Fran Quinn, who put his name on the leaderboard with a first-round 68. Who is Fran Quinn? He has one year of experience on the PGA Tour. Last year? No, 1992. He played in 18 events that year and he missed the cut 12 times. This year, he has played one event - on the Web.com Tour, golfs development league, if you will. Fran Quinn is still playing at Pinehurst - he followed his 68 with rounds of 74 and 79. He wont win. But he had a chance to win. China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Archiv

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: lily44335
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5859 Themen und 6626 Beiträge.