Hall of Famer Wayne Gretzky joined TSNs Gord Miller in Washington on Friday to talk hockey during the NHL on TSN broadcast of th

in Regeln 30.03.2018 11:08
von jokergreen0220 | 430 Beiträge

Hall of Famer Wayne Gretzky joined TSNs Gord Miller in Washington on Friday to talk hockey during the NHL on TSN broadcast of the Canadiens-Capitals game. Spencer Hawes Jersey . Gretzky was asked if he believes Montreal Canadiens defenceman PK Subban should be on Canadas blueline in February at the Sochi Olympics. "Im not going to get in the middle of that controversy because Stevie Yzerman obviously knows what hes doing, he won a gold medal in 2010," said Gretzky. "Listen, thats the greatest thing about our game, theres so many good players. If you take PK Subban youre going to win a gold medal, obviously thats a big part of the success of our country is we have so many good players and so much depth. "I dont envy Stevie, its a tough job right now for him, and its a predicament that Im sure hes nervous about because there are so many good players. But I hope PK makes the team, hes a good young man." Gretzky had a chance to meet with Subban this week and Miller asked what the Great One said to last years Norris Trophy winner. "(I) told him to play hard every night, they dont take players who dont play hard every game. Just do the best you can and if you play as hard as you can every night, thats all you can ask for," recalled Gretzky. "(There are) a lot of good players in our country and as has always been the case all the way back to 1972 and the Summit Series, there are always some guys who are disappointed that theyre not a part of Team Canada." Miller asked Gretzky how he felt about recent talk at the NHL GM meetings about possibly extending overtime, or moving from 4-on-4 to 3-on-3 play. "I wish it was around when I played," joked Gretzky. "Its exciting, and I agree with people like (Red Wings general manager) Ken Holland who say You know what? Were just trying to keep the game exciting for the fans, and yet we dont want shootouts to determine the outcome of who is in the Stanley Cup playoffs. "So by going to a 3-on-3 or a 4-on-4, the game itself becomes more important than a shootout. As much fun and exciting as the shootout has been, I think this will be good for the game if they do go in that direction." Miller took a moment to ask if Gretzky had any desire to take another job in the NHL. "To me, its a great game. The players today are better and bigger and stronger then they have ever been," said Gretzky. "Its fun to watch, we should be very proud of the game we have right now, and Im very excited just to be a fan." Matthew Dellavedova Jersey . Just ask last seasons Supporters Shield winners, the New York Red Bulls, who were resoundingly defeated last weekend by a rampant Vancouver Whitecaps in a match which produced two contenders for MLS Goal of the Week from Sebastian Fernandez and Pedro Morales. Vin Baker Jersey . -- Alex Anthopoulos spoke volumes with what he didnt say on right-hander Ervin Santana. http://www.nbabucksproshop.com/Authentic-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-Bucks-Jersey/ . Though the 26-year-old said he was able to participate, coach Dwane Casey kept Johnson out as a precaution.DENVER - Matt McBride hit his first career grand slam and Jorge De La Rosa pitched eight crisp innings, helping the Colorado Rockies cool off the Kansas City Royals with a 5-2 win on Wednesday night. The loss trims the Royals lead to one game over Detroit in the AL Central. Danny Duffy (8-11) was cruising along with a 2-1 lead until a two-out error by third baseman Christian Colon in the sixth opened the door for a big inning. McBride lined a fastball from Duffy into the left-field bleachers and then zipped around the bases in exhilaration. It was McBrides first homer since Sept. 25, 2012, and third of his career. He was called up from Triple-A Colorado Springs the day before. De La Rosa (13-8) allowed five hits and two run against his former team. He also got the Royals to hit into four double plays, tying a franchise record for most by a single pitcher in a game. LaTroy Hawkins pitched a perfect ninth for his 19th save in 20 chances. Duffy was in command most of the night as he allowed five hits and five runs, one earned, in seven innings. After getting two quick outs in the sixth, Colon fielded a grounder and threw a one-hopper that first baseman Billy Butler couldnt scoop. Wilin Rosario singled and Corey Dickerson drew a walk to set the stage for McBride. Another hard-luck loss for Duffy, whos the only AL pitcher witth a losing record and an ERA under three runs. Mirza Teletovic Jersey. This was just the second time De La Rosa faced his old team. He spent two seasons with the Royals before being dealt to Colorado in 2008 for cash considerations. He was cashing in on his slider and changeup to get out of one jam after another. De La Rosas only mistake was in the second when he grooved a 91-mph fastball that Alex Gordon hit into the right-field bleachers. Erik Kratz brought in another run on a sacrifice fly in the fourth that scored Josh Willingham, who led off the inning with a double. The Royals finished interleague play with a 15-5 mark. TRAINERS ROOM Royals: C Salvador Perez was a late scratch because of discomfort in his right knee. Perez was pulled from Mondays game with a sore knee. Rockies: OF Michael Cuddyer was out another day with a strained left hamstring. He said hes confident he will be back in the lineup Friday. UP NEXT Royals: After a day off, Kansas City begins a three-game series in Texas. Yordano Ventura (9-9) will start Friday. His nine wins are third-most among rookies this season. Rockies: The Rockies have their second off day this week on Thursday. They begin a three-game series with Miami on Friday. LHP Franklin Morales (5-6) will get the start after missing his last turn in the rotation for the birth of his daughter. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Archiv

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: langouba
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 523 Themen und 1276 Beiträge.